Photo via: archdaily.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- How To Decorate Like a Parisian – Hang a chandelier. It may be a bit of a cliché, but hanging a chandelier above the dining table or in the living room is the simplest way to introduce a bit of Parisian style into your home — think the Palace of Versailles. And you don’t have to spend lots of money: you can find some reasonable options at IKEA or on Ebay.
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- we had a magical weekend at this hotel 8 years ago and got engaged on one of the little bridges in Amsterdam. Look forward to going back one day x
- Just because everything can be made into a smart device doesnt mean it needs to be a smart device. But we arent about stopping your creativity here at Ge
- Armani Store, New York City The Manhattan flagship, opened in 2009, occupies 43,000sqft of prime Fifth Avenue real estate — enough room for a restaurant, a chocolate shop, numerous Armani collections and this fabulous whirling staircase clad in white plastic. Designed by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas, it links four floors of suits, shoes, handbags and yes, designer underwear.
- This is our white glove service, This is the safest way to ship pieces from coast to coast, Usually takes up to 6 weeks from pick up to arrive, If timing is an issue we can crate the items and you will recieve in 5 buisness days.
- Designed by Christophe Pillet, the DUNAS collection is made up of spacious comfortable seating, available in two backrest heights which can be combined with either swivel or fixed bases. Its enveloping contours along with a design of sophisticated, stylish and sleek lines find their place in cozy, contemporary spaces where one can comfortably wait, converse or simply relax.
- Hotel Sonesta, New Orleans. Not the swankiest place in the world, but what a location… what a city, for that matter! New Hotel Project Designs
- I’m in the process of redoing my master bedroom (100% completely unexpected…thank you puppy) and needed some ideas for new lamp shades to go with the new bedding I purchased. I found so many great ideas, I thought I would share with you! So here’s a great roundup of 15 lamp makeover ideas that anyone can …
- Sketches of Joyce from Vivziepops deleted Zoophobia character blog. The original post and Joyces bio can still be found here: https://web.archive.org/web/20130615220029/http://allthezpcharacters.tumblr.com/
- Art of Quintin and Sahara from Vivziepops deleted Zoophobia character blog. The original post and Quintins bio can still be found here: http://dawhitebag.tumblr.com/post/45840374987/
- We are slowly drifting into the tail end of summer, which means it is time to begin planning ways to escape the impending winter doldrums. When we stumbled upon the glory that is Drift San José, we new we had found our winter sanctuary. Owner and designer Stu Waddell describes his retreat as a