Photo via: freshome.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- View A GOLD AND MULTI-GEM NECKLACE, BY TONY DUQUETTE on Christies.com, as well as other lots from the Magnificent Jewels
- This gallery features many installation photos from our customers to help inspire those looking to design their own light fixtures.
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Bathrooms are often put in a low priority when it comes home decor ideas. Design Build Ideas has selected 20 bathroom wall tile ideas to inspire you. Check out!
- My Happy Wine Bar with products from www.imagine.willowhouse.com DESCRIPTION: This wine bar built by my talented hubby was originally painted black. When I recently decided to lighten up my home I painted it a more neutral color for a whole different look. The Villa Stoneware is sittin pretty on the display shelves! Its WINE TIME!!
- La Perla Del Mediterráneo is a stunning contemporary home designed by Carlos Gilardi. It is located in Alicante, Spain, covers an area of 4,540 square feet, and was completed in 2013. La Perla Del Mediterráneo by Carlos Gilardi: “There Are Shapes That Can Only Be Designed Once, And After Their Transformation From Paper To Reality These Become Masterpieces. This Is The Case With This Property, Born From The Aspiration Of..
- This urban industrial looking hexagonal glass wall tile is durable and versatile and can be used to create a beautiful feature wall. Supplied by Exto
- The Westin Grand Hotel is a luxurious 5-star hotel located in a privileged spot overlooking the V&A Waterfront. This exclusive 19 storey hotel offers 483 magnificent rooms tastefully decorated and fully equipped. This hotel was voted the Best 52 New Hotels & Resorts in the World in 2002. It is the first hotel in Africa to receive the coveted 5 star diamond award by the prestigious American Academy of Hospitality Services.
- Dramatic Luxury Home Overlooking the Pacific – Yantram Architectural Design Studio.
- El-secreto, Ambergris Caye, Belize. This new eco-chic boutique resort on the tip of San Pedro Island is so secluded, it doesnt even have an address, just GPS. A luxe speedboat drops you off, in an instant wide stretches of white sand…& spacious sea villas right onto the beach. Each of the 13 villas comes with outdoor Jacuzzi or you can spend the morning snorkeling at Hol Chan Marina Reserve, Belizes famed barrier reef.
- Moulures et Boiseries noires – Festen Architecture – Projet de bureau, quartier Saint-George
- Our first international wine cellar project. This luminous acrylic wine cellar was created for Hotel Castello di Casole in Siena, Italy. The inspiration for the project was a fusing of traditional and contemporary design. Architectural Plastics was able to bring these worlds together with a combination of acrylic and light.