Photo via: walzcraft.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Cambria – Southlake,Texas designed by Studio HBA. The new Cambria Hotel and Suites Southlake is designed to embody the notion of “Urban West”, a contemporary take on the western influences that are the roots of the Texas experience and reflect its rugged frontier background.
- David Collins Studio is the award-winning and market-leading interior architecture practice that realizes creatives and inspirational hospitality, residentia…
- Visit our site http://www.lightsnshowers.com.sg/ for more information on Recommended Interior Designer Singapore. A recommended interior designer Singapore to redecorate your home has numerous advantages today. The fact that you do not have to do the redecoration yourself is one of the major benefits!
- Matthias Zänsler is a product designer, currently living in Halle (Saale). He studied industrial design at the Art Academy Burg Giebichenstein Halle graduate and got his masters degree in summer 2011. During his studies, he completed an internship at the tribecraft AG in Zurich. This helped him to advance his sense of design, material and product development. Busy with his masters thesis, he left aside his digital skills and dealed intensively with design methods. Thereby he placed the emphasis on „make it“ his time he had his master‘s knowledge of the digital representation forced designing without sketching. Then he founded, together with Constanze Hosp, his own design studio at DesignHaus Halle – a transfer center with a network of designers from various disciplines. With their young studio, they succeeded so far to get two products produced by companys.
- Glass Gem Corn must be the most beautiful corn in the world, so gorgeous that it has provoked a bidding war where a pack of seeds sold for more than $100! Extremely rare, this unique strain of flint corn was developed by Cherokee Carl Barnes, then almost disappeared until a curious farmer found a jar marked Glass Gem and planted a few in his garden. The spectacular plants that emerged blew him away. A photo on the internet went viral, gardeners went crazy bidding on the few seeds that remained (and promptly re-sold them at a profit). Whats now being passed off as Glass Gem Corn is anyones guess. These seeds came from a serious researcher/farmer in Idaho and are guaranteed to be the original strain. They are sold in lots of 25 because corn must be planted in blocks (not rows). Too few plants will not pollinate themselves and youll get bare cobs. If youre going to join this historic endeavor, might as well do it right. Glass Gem is flint corn, used ornamentaly or ground for flour. Or planted again for another generation of astonishing beauty. If you have not grown corn before, look it up. You dont want to waste these very rare seeds. 105 days. 25 seeds **All seeds ship for one price! Click here to see more: www.etsy.com/shop/SmartSeeds
- Read all about Essendon Country Clubs Ladies Changing Room makeover on the October Blog. A Beautifully Bespoke and On Brand Commission, that Laura Felicity Design loved being apart of. Helping to transform plain white walls and harsh strobe lighting, into a feminine area, with their logo inspired wallpaper and lighting designs.
- Procession in Crypt. July 1927 Woodcut The space with groined vaults is shown from a diagonal perspective. Figures process through the space wearing whites robes with hoods and carrying burning candles. The entire work has an air of mystery. The diagonal gives the composition a strong sense of depth. This work also shows why Escher preferred the technique of woodcut, as he wanted to show the contours in the drawing in white on black rather than as black lines on a white surface.
- The owners of the hotel had sourced large letters from France which were lit and hung on the side and rear walls. William Dangar designed banquette seating with built in planters to the rear, enabling a green plant wall to grow up and around the letters. The tones William selected for the furniture and upholstery were dark blues, charcoal and black and white stripped umbrellas for shade. Robert Plumb Project designed and built custom sized tables along with Ric Chairs. http://robertplumb.com.au
- A designer chose Maxwell Fabrics Blossom 5 Dijon from our Studio Kyoto Collection for these chairs in a Las Vegas hotel meeting room to create warmth and balance.
- El-secreto, Ambergris Caye, Belize. This new eco-chic boutique resort on the tip of San Pedro Island is so secluded, it doesnt even have an address, just GPS. A luxe speedboat drops you off, in an instant wide stretches of white sand…& spacious sea villas right onto the beach. Each of the 13 villas comes with outdoor Jacuzzi or you can spend the morning snorkeling at Hol Chan Marina Reserve, Belizes famed barrier reef.
- Visit our site http://www.lightsnshowers.com.sg/ for more information on Residential Interior Design Singapore. Nowadays with the advancement of technology and an ever expanding economy, some people are fortunate enough to earn a living from home while others spend many hours at work and cannot wait to arrive home to relax. In either case, they must feel comfortable where they live. People need to be in touch with the psychology of the design elements which they choose.