Photo via: besttraveldealfinder.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Architektur mit Naturstein: Eine Wand wie aus Fels für das College of Media and Communication in Qatar
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Berklee College of Music
- Issuu is a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs, newspapers, books, and more online. Easily share your publications and get them in front of Issuu’s millions of monthly readers. Title: GURU OF LUXURY BEFORE vs AFTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN HOTEL RETLAW – VOLUME ONE, Author: GURU OF LUXURY | YVONNE ROBERTS, Name: GURU OF LUXURY BEFORE vs AFTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN HOTEL RETLAW – VOLUME ONE, Length: 36 pages, Page: 1, Published: 2016-09-30
- Spring fashion means embracing pastels, and for the January 2015 issue of Vogue Mexico, the magazine puts the spotlight on pink and blush tones with this fashion editorial starring Julia Frauche. In front of Nagi Sakai’s lens, the blonde beauty is swathed in bright tones featuring furs, floral embellishments and precious gems styled by fashion… [Read More]
- The entire front of this house on the Costa Rican coastline can be opened up to the ocean views by folding back wooden screens
- Valeska Soares – After How delightful to think of these sculpted marble pillows installed in the old PARK hotel space–Harking back to the day when many many heads were in beds at the old Park Hotel.
- Ambiente Brasileiro, Prague. The Brasileiro is part of the Ambiente chain of restaurants in Prague that specialises in themed dining. Situated in the old part of the town, the Slovanský dům outlet strives to reproduce authentic ‘Brazilian churrasco’. The meat here is grilled on large skewers, as hot, juicy cuts are sliced straight onto the plate by cooks-cum-waiters.
- You will find Peacock Pavilions, the city’s Give-Back boutique hotel offering a taste of contemporary Moroccan design and eco-friendly luxury. Here we welcome in-the-know travelers and small groups to join us for a stay at our private estate. Nestled in an old olive grove with views of the Atlas Mountains, this unique Moroccan experience is unlike any other. Whether culinary tourism, yoga, interior design, shopping, or simple relaxation bring you to our hotel, your adventure awaits.
- Rendering of Royal Suite Living Room at Fairmont Baku, designed by HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates.
- Based on one of our prime dining tables, the Royal Pool Table boasts bold lines and unique patchwork, which are enveloped by baroque details and a minimalist faceted edge. For a truly fun design experience.
- Heneghan Peng Architects – arkitalker – London – Greenwich – architecture university Greenwich