Photo via: en.wikipedia.org
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- The Temple House in Chengdu by Make Architects (image copyright John Madden)
- Detail of Textile art created by Artic Storm for John Lewis Leeds
- www.aralia.org.uk Owned by Heritage Leisure, Best Western Ivy Hill based in Essex, is a much extended and modernised Victorian Country House hotel. Aralia’s brief was to re-assess and provide landscape garden designs for an ‘impressive’ and ‘imposing’ hotel exterior – one that can be dressed for all occasions and celebrations. Hard landscaping ideas were to be in keeping with the hotel build and soft landscaping to provide structure, interest and colour all year round.
- Our wide plank parquet flooring, custom finished on site to create a black floor that is wearing off. At Gordon Ramsay restaurant, The London Hotel, West Hollywood. Designed tastefully by interior designer David Collins Studio.
- Cambria – Southlake,Texas designed by Studio HBA. The new Cambria Hotel and Suites Southlake is designed to embody the notion of “Urban West”, a contemporary take on the western influences that are the roots of the Texas experience and reflect its rugged frontier background.
- Check out this elegant eco home located in Stanwood, Washington. This sustainable house by Designs Northwest Architects is a lesson in minimalist living –
- John Lewis Leeds
- Australian design firm In2 have designed the White House, a home for a young family in the Melbourne suburb of Beaumaris. Continue reading » Continue reading » Checkwitch Poiron Architects have completed the Harbour Road Sail Loft & Residences, a mixed use building that combines a sail fabrication…
- Read all about Essendon Country Clubs Ladies Changing Room makeover on the October Blog. A Beautifully Bespoke and On Brand Commission, that Laura Felicity Design loved being apart of. Helping to transform plain white walls and harsh strobe lighting, into a feminine area, with their logo inspired wallpaper and lighting designs.
- Holiday village villa Alpina The holiday village is situated in Maritza village located near to mountain resort Borovets, Bulgaria. The village has three types of houses. The first type is villa “Alpina” – two-storied house. The structure is concrete.
- ORL Clinic in Thessaloniki, Greece by Mal Vi Architects – designed for a surgeon who wanted a different office environment