Photo via: archstorage.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Luke Donald of England and his caddie walk towards monkeys on the par four 3rd hole during the first round of the Nedbank Golf on the Gary Player Course on November 29, 2007 in Sun City, South Africa.
- DBI Design were commissioned to oversee architecture and landscape architecture for the innovative project, which is now the largest integrated destination complex in Taiwan. The hotel features two apartment towers, state of the art convention centre with seating for up to 3,000 people, high-end shopping centre, 5 restaurants and a rooftop garden, swimming pool and chapel. www.dbidesign.com.au
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- The Westin Grand Hotel is a luxurious 5-star hotel located in a privileged spot overlooking the V&A Waterfront. This exclusive 19 storey hotel offers 483 magnificent rooms tastefully decorated and fully equipped. This hotel was voted the Best 52 New Hotels & Resorts in the World in 2002. It is the first hotel in Africa to receive the coveted 5 star diamond award by the prestigious American Academy of Hospitality Services.
- You will find Peacock Pavilions, the city’s Give-Back boutique hotel offering a taste of contemporary Moroccan design and eco-friendly luxury. Here we welcome in-the-know travelers and small groups to join us for a stay at our private estate. Nestled in an old olive grove with views of the Atlas Mountains, this unique Moroccan experience is unlike any other. Whether culinary tourism, yoga, interior design, shopping, or simple relaxation bring you to our hotel, your adventure awaits.
- VIDA Residences Dubai Mall developed by EMAAR Superb Opportunity to Buy 1, 2, 3, 4 Bedroom Serviced Hotel Apartments in Downtown, the Heart of Dubai next to Burj Khalifa. The Last Plot on Downtown Dubai Boulevard with Full Views. Sales will be Very High Demand – Do Not Miss Out!
- Designed by In-Tenta Creative Design Group out of Barcelona, DROP is a portable one-room hotel that can be placed at any location with minimal disruption to the surrounding environment. The cylindrical structure is built of modular wood and steel elements with a skylight running it’s length between two large bubble windows at either end that can be fully opened in order to further remove the separation between guest and nature.
- Wythe Hotel, Williamsburg, Brooklyn Located in the ne plus ultra of hipster neighborhoods, the Wythe Hotel is by far one of the hippest spots to stay in Brooklyn. Opened in May 12, the hotel is housed in a converted red-brick factory building on Williamsburg’s scenic waterfront, steps away from such institutions such as Brooklyn Bowl, the Brooklyn Brewery, and the neighborhoods Brooklyn Flea.
- Our first international wine cellar project. This luminous acrylic wine cellar was created for Hotel Castello di Casole in Siena, Italy. The inspiration for the project was a fusing of traditional and contemporary design. Architectural Plastics was able to bring these worlds together with a combination of acrylic and light.
- World Design Capital Cape Town 2014 Hotel Verde: WDC315
- Location: Seville, Spain [MAP] Designer: Unknown Project Type: Riverside Completion Date: 2012 Visited: 11.09.2013 Access: Open The former River Gualagevar, was diverted to protect the city from flooding, leaving behind an unusually long, narrow, meandering canal. The past river is an extremely active corridor, used by people for running, walking the dog, socialising, rowing clubs are located here, play area, gym,…
- Buy Studio Cape Town by Maxwell Fabrics – Quick Ship designer Fabrics from Dering Halls collection of Ethnic Geometric Prints Solid Stripe Fabrics.