Photo via: harpersbazaar.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Voted Readers Favorite Top Decorating Blog Better Homes and Gardens, Decorating Ideas, How to Organize, How to Decorate, Interior Design Blog
- Glass Gem Corn must be the most beautiful corn in the world, so gorgeous that it has provoked a bidding war where a pack of seeds sold for more than $100! Extremely rare, this unique strain of flint corn was developed by Cherokee Carl Barnes, then almost disappeared until a curious farmer found a jar marked Glass Gem and planted a few in his garden. The spectacular plants that emerged blew him away. A photo on the internet went viral, gardeners went crazy bidding on the few seeds that remained (and promptly re-sold them at a profit). Whats now being passed off as Glass Gem Corn is anyones guess. These seeds came from a serious researcher/farmer in Idaho and are guaranteed to be the original strain. They are sold in lots of 25 because corn must be planted in blocks (not rows). Too few plants will not pollinate themselves and youll get bare cobs. If youre going to join this historic endeavor, might as well do it right. Glass Gem is flint corn, used ornamentaly or ground for flour. Or planted again for another generation of astonishing beauty. If you have not grown corn before, look it up. You dont want to waste these very rare seeds. 105 days. 25 seeds **All seeds ship for one price! Click here to see more: www.etsy.com/shop/SmartSeeds
- Nearly all of the bathrooms at East West Hotel in Basel are fitted with products from Laufen www.laufen.com
- This is our white glove service, This is the safest way to ship pieces from coast to coast, Usually takes up to 6 weeks from pick up to arrive, If timing is an issue we can crate the items and you will recieve in 5 buisness days.
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- I am often asked which element is the most important in interiors. And… I find this a really difficult question to answer. As Im sure most of you would agree, any successful space is made up of many many components which need to work together as a cohesive (fully sick) unit. Just like a well rehearsed orchestra, or a symphony which requires a myriad of notes and changing rhythms to produce something which is worthwhile listening to, similar rules apply to architecture and interiors. I guess if I had to single out one of those elements, even though I just said that I find this virtually impossible… then, yes – youve guessed it – I would probably place ceilings on the top of the list (boom-boom, get it? Its a dad joke). I see ceilings as unifying elements within a space. The icing on the cake. They are almost always the most complex and the hardest to get right…
- Location: Seville, Spain [MAP] Designer: Unknown Project Type: Riverside Completion Date: 2012 Visited: 11.09.2013 Access: Open The former River Gualagevar, was diverted to protect the city from flooding, leaving behind an unusually long, narrow, meandering canal. The past river is an extremely active corridor, used by people for running, walking the dog, socialising, rowing clubs are located here, play area, gym,…
- Today marks the last day of kindergarten for my oldest and I am both excited and nervous. We have our daily schedule pretty well programmed…Now to add the non-napper to the mix. I have tons of fun activities planned, but one of his absolute favorite things to do is create… Speaking of…He has created so […]
- Visit our site http://www.lightsnshowers.com.sg/ for more information on Residential Interior Design Singapore. Nowadays with the advancement of technology and an ever expanding economy, some people are fortunate enough to earn a living from home while others spend many hours at work and cannot wait to arrive home to relax. In either case, they must feel comfortable where they live. People need to be in touch with the psychology of the design elements which they choose.
- When winter hits, theres nothing cozier than a home with a fireplace. Here, our top picks for cool, chic, and modern ones.
- Here it is -We can finally reveal to you a snippet of East Brunswick Hotel! Reflection of the WC Wayfinding in the glass of a wine rack. neon construction wayfinding hotel east brunswick melbourne photography bestgroup drawing text sketch letterform
- Cambria – Southlake,Texas designed by Studio HBA. The new Cambria Hotel and Suites Southlake is designed to embody the notion of “Urban West”, a contemporary take on the western influences that are the roots of the Texas experience and reflect its rugged frontier background.