Photo via: homedecorstar.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Showcase Luxury House plan designs, blueprints for high end luxury estate homes, dream homes, John Henry Architect, Florida Mediterranean homes, Texas homes, California homes, traditional homes, floor plans, european villas, estate homes
- Voted Readers Favorite Top Decorating Blog Better Homes and Gardens, Decorating Ideas, How to Organize, How to Decorate, Interior Design Blog
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Not much has changed at J.Crew in 2014. In its latest style guide, the all-American (but also sometimes British) retailer continues to ride the sporty trend with baseball caps, tuxedo leggings and…
- The latest Park Hyatt makes the most of Amanda Levete’s elegant curves in Bangkok | Wallpaper*
- Looking to give your interiors a serious boost? Check out the elements of Danish design. From egg chairs to other uniquely-shaped pieces of furniture, Danish design adds a special touch to any space. For more interior trends, go to Domino.
- Major Trends of 2017 in The Indian Real Estate Market
- I love the look of the vanity. Problem with using old cabinets or dressers into bathroom vanities is that they are often the wrong height. Gotta doublecheck for that when considering that kind of upcycle. vanity Whats Next: 11 New Trends for the Bathroom
- It was featured in a Fall Colors Contest entry a while back, and just yesterday, we noticed it in the dressing room of the home of Miley Cyrus that currently is in the latest In-Style magazine (above)… black painted ceilings
- Were giving away awesome prizes all of the time. Enter at DIYNetwork.com for your chance to win trips, cash, and stunning vacation homes!
- 7 Qualities Of A Good Homes Builder & Developers If you had to describe the perfect home builder, what would it look like? We start with seven qualities of developers that make a home the most livable and enjoyable.
- Heres a list of books about glamorous homes: Design for stylish, luxurious, elegant and inspirational living…