Photo via: plumandashby.co.uk
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Vintage books – The Kedleston Country House – Plum & Ashby
- Read all about Essendon Country Clubs Ladies Changing Room makeover on the October Blog. A Beautifully Bespoke and On Brand Commission, that Laura Felicity Design loved being apart of. Helping to transform plain white walls and harsh strobe lighting, into a feminine area, with their logo inspired wallpaper and lighting designs.
- www.aralia.org.uk Owned by Heritage Leisure, Best Western Ivy Hill based in Essex, is a much extended and modernised Victorian Country House hotel. Aralia’s brief was to re-assess and provide landscape garden designs for an ‘impressive’ and ‘imposing’ hotel exterior – one that can be dressed for all occasions and celebrations. Hard landscaping ideas were to be in keeping with the hotel build and soft landscaping to provide structure, interest and colour all year round.
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Caribbean Island of Saint Lucia ! – Explore the World with Travel Nerd Nici, one Country at a Time. http://TravelNerdNici.com
- Kelly Hoppen – Auction House
- Harewood House is a country house in Harewood near Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Designed by architects John Carr & Robert Adam, it was built between 1759 & 1771 for wealthy trader Edwin Lascelles, 1st Baron Harewood, whose family had bought the estate after making its fortune in the West Indies through Customs positions, slave trading, & lending money to planters. Still home to the Lascelles family, much of the furniture is by the 18th-century English furniture designer Thomas Chippendale
- Named Best New Restaurant by @losangelesmagazine and Top 10 Best New Restaurants in the country by @thrillist – my design inspiration for @ervenrestaurant : Mexico City, masculinity and pop (colors, art & floors). ageoldtrade erven design architecture architexture art architecturelovers interiordesigns decorator freshpaint currentdesignsituation hospitalitydesign restaurantdesign interiordesign interiordesigner flooring pop masculinedesign modern moderndesigns cleandesign
- Designed by Archer Humphryes Architects Plum & Spilt Milk at the Great Northern Hotel, London became winner of the year 2013 in a category or restaurants…
- The high grade stainless steel frame gives these garden indoor/outdoor tables an ultra-modern look. The table tops are available in Belgian bluestone, teak and ceramic or toughened matt glass in black, white or cendre (sand). The Nimio tables are ideal for both modern and more traditional surroundings, due to the timeless simplicity of the architectural design.
- I would love to travel around the country in this.
- Private pool at the beach house villa! Look for the scrub island feature article in April!