Photo via: roomie.jp
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Read all about Essendon Country Clubs Ladies Changing Room makeover on the October Blog. A Beautifully Bespoke and On Brand Commission, that Laura Felicity Design loved being apart of. Helping to transform plain white walls and harsh strobe lighting, into a feminine area, with their logo inspired wallpaper and lighting designs.
- Matthias Zänsler is a product designer, currently living in Halle (Saale). He studied industrial design at the Art Academy Burg Giebichenstein Halle graduate and got his masters degree in summer 2011. During his studies, he completed an internship at the tribecraft AG in Zurich. This helped him to advance his sense of design, material and product development. Busy with his masters thesis, he left aside his digital skills and dealed intensively with design methods. Thereby he placed the emphasis on „make it“ his time he had his master‘s knowledge of the digital representation forced designing without sketching. Then he founded, together with Constanze Hosp, his own design studio at DesignHaus Halle – a transfer center with a network of designers from various disciplines. With their young studio, they succeeded so far to get two products produced by companys.
- In honor of Earth Day, how about the many ways you can recycle sari textiles! Here are a few ideas saved at my Pinterest Board Vintage Sari Fabric, Recycled … Chair reupholstered with sari fabric, via Eclectic Gipsyland on Flickr: One-of-a-kind ottoman covered with sari … Continue reading →
- La Perla Del Mediterráneo is a stunning contemporary home designed by Carlos Gilardi. It is located in Alicante, Spain, covers an area of 4,540 square feet, and was completed in 2013. La Perla Del Mediterráneo by Carlos Gilardi: “There Are Shapes That Can Only Be Designed Once, And After Their Transformation From Paper To Reality These Become Masterpieces. This Is The Case With This Property, Born From The Aspiration Of..
- In 1957, architect Eero Saarinen completed his design for the Mid-Century Modern Miller House. Commissioned by the industrialist J. Irwin Miller and his wife Xenia, the house featured an exciting new interior design feature: A sunken conversation pit. Meant to be a gathering space where hosts and guests could
- Creative Environments is proud to have completed projects in Mexico, Cabo San Lucas, San Francisco, Del Mar, and Kauai. Our expertise has been recognized by locals and national General Contractors, Architects, and homeowners alike. From full renovations (demolition of an existing yard) to brand new builds, Creative Environments is your award winning solution from concept to completion!
- Armani Store, New York City The Manhattan flagship, opened in 2009, occupies 43,000sqft of prime Fifth Avenue real estate — enough room for a restaurant, a chocolate shop, numerous Armani collections and this fabulous whirling staircase clad in white plastic. Designed by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas, it links four floors of suits, shoes, handbags and yes, designer underwear.
- The owners of the hotel had sourced large letters from France which were lit and hung on the side and rear walls. William Dangar designed banquette seating with built in planters to the rear, enabling a green plant wall to grow up and around the letters. The tones William selected for the furniture and upholstery were dark blues, charcoal and black and white stripped umbrellas for shade. Robert Plumb Project designed and built custom sized tables along with Ric Chairs. http://robertplumb.com.au
- Check out this elegant eco home located in Stanwood, Washington. This sustainable house by Designs Northwest Architects is a lesson in minimalist living –
- A Victorian homes large, modern addition was designed by Mitsuori Architects to have a strong presence from the rear, while being hidden from the street.
- Smiljan, the birth place of Nikola Tesla no longer exists. His family and relatives exterminated by Croats. His house twice destroyed. Serbian Orthodox Church where his father served, leveled. Today rebuilt as a museum, without the bell tower.