Photo via: belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Taco Salad in a Jar — This quick and easy lunch recipe is not only delicious, its packed with healthy food! Layers of lettuce, tomatoes, beans and more!
- Australian design firm In2 have designed the White House, a home for a young family in the Melbourne suburb of Beaumaris. Continue reading » Continue reading » Checkwitch Poiron Architects have completed the Harbour Road Sail Loft & Residences, a mixed use building that combines a sail fabrication…
- El-secreto, Ambergris Caye, Belize. This new eco-chic boutique resort on the tip of San Pedro Island is so secluded, it doesnt even have an address, just GPS. A luxe speedboat drops you off, in an instant wide stretches of white sand…& spacious sea villas right onto the beach. Each of the 13 villas comes with outdoor Jacuzzi or you can spend the morning snorkeling at Hol Chan Marina Reserve, Belizes famed barrier reef.
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Photo Credit: Natalie Opocensky Theres no address, no phone number, no reservations, just food! A whole lot of food. Arrive after sunset and bring your appetite. MORE on Maryam Montagues blog My Marrakesh!
- Love the Earth as much as we do? Dress your living space not just fashionably but eco-friendly too. Check out our range of eco-friendly products from flooring, fabric, carpet and even wallcovering! Live in harmony with nature today! Flooring from Tarkett Engineered Timber, Goodrich
- Love the Earth as much as we do? Dress your living space not just fashionably but eco-friendly too. Check out our range of eco-friendly products from flooring, fabric, carpet and even wallcovering! Live in harmony with nature today! Fabric from Douglass, Crypton Sugar, Goodrich
- ‘Boomerang’ the award winning commercial project form the Kanakia Spaces stable is . Modeled around the native Australian hunting contrivance, ‘Boomerang’ is a structure that is built, like its paradigm, to use the energy surrounding to draw its own. . By changing the ground rules of work environment with its 3 storied vertical garden, talking about a wall that’s 35 feet tall and 3,000 Sq. ft. in area and 770 modules displaying altogether with 12,320 exotic plants. !
- Playmedia is involved in a new retail project with TOUS Playmedia is involved in a new retail project. Playmedia just signed a deal with the prestigious jewelry firm TOUS, to collaborate in the design of some of their stores. Starting up in Ibiza (Balearic Islands) and Madrid
- As we spend more time in new space, we learn the layout of the rooms, find our favorite corner, befriend furniture and finger-paint a few walls. The kid’s room becomes our second home. And just like…
- Monochrome palette of silvers and round shapes are the hallmarks of Silver suite. A delicate silver leaf covers LAlampada. Round are the mirrors which shape the unique ceiling installation just above the bed, a new edition of the GagàCollection by Maurizio Galante. OffParisSeine a project by OpinionCiatti in partnership with MaurizioGalante & TalLancman ph. Marie Desmarquest
- Korakia Pensione – a sweet Moroccan-style retreat in Palm Springs. With a bevy of amenities, like yoga, spa services, bocce ball, poolside lounging, afternoon tea, and outdoor movies, a weekend long stay just doesn’t seem long enough. New Hotel Project Designs