Photo via: houzz.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Issuu is a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs, newspapers, books, and more online. Easily share your publications and get them in front of Issuu’s millions of monthly readers. Title: GURU OF LUXURY BEFORE vs AFTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN HOTEL RETLAW – VOLUME ONE, Author: GURU OF LUXURY | YVONNE ROBERTS, Name: GURU OF LUXURY BEFORE vs AFTER CONCEPTUAL DESIGN HOTEL RETLAW – VOLUME ONE, Length: 36 pages, Page: 1, Published: 2016-09-30
- Michael Smith is considered one of the most original and respected talents in the design industry today. With an international profile of residential, hospitality and commercial clients, Smith’s style is a seamless blend of European classicism and American modernism—always fresh, always evolving, always underscored by the belief that everyone should live with things they love. See Also: JIUN HO FURNITURE DESIGN He possesses a curator’s knowledge of and appreciation for the past, nurtured by studies at the Victoria and Albert Museum and extensive work in the antiques business. Whether in designing his own collection or in the interiors he creates for his clients, a deep respect for tradition—viewed through a modern eye—is ever-present. Background A native of California, Michael studied interior design at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. In 1984, he continued his studies at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, then returned to the U.S. to work under the tutelage of legendary antiques dealer Gep Durenberger. Next he moved to New York in an association with noted designer John Saladino. After three years, he was back in California to open a home furnishings store. His design firm, Michael S Smith Inc, was launched in 1990, expanding from projects solely for private clients to his Jasper line of fine furniture and fabrics sold exclusively in multi-line showrooms around the world. Awards and Honors Through the years, Michael has received many prestigious awards. He has been named three times to Architectural Digest’s “The AD 100”, and is the recipient of the Pacific Design Centers West Week “Stars of Design.” He has been named Designer of the Year by Elle Décor as well as being named to that publication’s A-List. Michael serves on the Board of Trustees of Otis College of Art and Design and has co-chaired the American Friends of the Olympia International Fine Art and Antique Fair. He is a member of ASID, the American Society of Interior Designers. In 2010, Michael was appointed by President Obama to the Committee for the Preservation of the White House. See Also: Pietboon, a sophisticated studio with an inspirational philosophy! Publicity and Publications Michael’s designs continue to be featured in major publications including Architectural Digest, Elle Décor, House Beautiful, Town and Country, Domino, Metropolitan Home, Interior Design, Tatler, W and the Wall St. Journal. His work has been celebrated in three beautiful volumes from Rizzoli Publishing: Elements of Style (2007), Houses (2008) and Kitchens and Baths(2011). His fourth book, Building Beauty, was released in Spring 2013. | Best Interior Designers is an ongoing lecture series featuring designers of distinction from around the world.
- Our Strategy Plus team helped Sony Music create a vibrant, contemporary work space that reflects its brand values and the digital age of music, providing an integrated, flexible space for staff to enjoy, bringing artists and their record label support teams closer together.
- A series whereby I post the best content from our sister site, Linxspiration. If you would like to check out all the Random Inspiration posts go to
- Read all about Essendon Country Clubs Ladies Changing Room makeover on the October Blog. A Beautifully Bespoke and On Brand Commission, that Laura Felicity Design loved being apart of. Helping to transform plain white walls and harsh strobe lighting, into a feminine area, with their logo inspired wallpaper and lighting designs.
- David Collins Studio is the award-winning and market-leading interior architecture practice that realizes creatives and inspirational hospitality, residentia…
- Vincente Wolf | For the past three decades Vicente Wolf has fostered the global development of his brand through a simplicity-driven principle that infuses his many creative endeavours: interior design, photography, art collection and global travel.
- Boston Common is the anchor for the Emerald Necklace, a system of connected parks that winds through many of the citys neighborhoods. >> http://www.frontdoor.com/photos/popular-landmarks-and-attractions-in-boston?soc=pinterest
- Bespoke lampshades, made specifically for this boutique hotel with a lovely linen that lets the light shine through gorgeous
- The Undersea Hotel. Upper and lower underwater plan. Visitors will enter the upper sub-water level, descending in the lifts, while watching through the glass walls the transition from the surrounding life of land to that below the water, at the same time they will be accompanied by music. The upper sub-water level will be for day and long-term visitors. At the entrance hall there will be a reception area with an aperitif bar.
- We believe in creativity and quality work with full satisfaction of the clients. We have undertaken planning and design consultancy assignments in a wide variety of projects, which includes Residences, Hotels/Resorts, Auditoriums, Showrooms, and Offices.
- Just because everything can be made into a smart device doesnt mean it needs to be a smart device. But we arent about stopping your creativity here at Ge